The 2019 'ONE' Schools Program is now open for bookings.
“If you want to see a change, be a change!”
About the Performance
Great thought and detail has gone into selecting the material for the “One’” schools tour with inspiring topics encouraging students to make a change in their wider community. Through film, music videos and song - topics such as Anti-Bullying, Suicide Awareness, Community, Living a Purpose Driven Life, Unity, Equality, Personal Growth & Change are all addressed within the program.
Along with the incredible messages, melody and lyrics in each performance, Chico’s inspiring and unique story is one not to be missed.
About the Workshop
After the performance students & teachers partake in a songwriting workshop developing, teaching and guiding students through the song writing process whilst creating a unique song.
Students will discuss:
* Serious social issues impacting their community
* The importance of media with a positive message
* The hot button topic of the song they are developing
* Why it is so important to their school and community
Finally the students will be filmed performing their new song and a video will be provided to the school. Students are welcome to use their songs for future concerts or on social media as an outreach.
Many cohorts have even performed the song at their grade 6 graduations and award nights!
About the Competition Option:
For those schools and students who like a challenge there is a chance to submit the song/video into a competition at www.chicojohnsonmusic.com in November. The winner will receive a package valued at over $10,000.
This package includes a professional recording session at a studio with a professional recording team,
along with a professional music video.
Requirements for Hosting
Time to allow:
- Duration of performance: 1 hour
- Set-up time required: 15 minutes
- Pull down time required: 15 minutes
- Duration of workshop: 1 hour
Cost of Show
- Cost per student $4.50
- Minimum call out fee of $450 applies
- There is no maximum audience size, as long as your facility can host the crowd
- Performance space: 4 meters x 4 meters as minimum
- Stage, hall, gymnasium, double classroom are preferred
- Sound system including microphone, amplifier & speakers will be provided
A non-refundable 50% deposit is due upon booking via cheque, money order or direct debit to:
Name: CheekyMac Productions
BSB: 704 191
Account: 241 567
Final payment to be made on day of performance via cheque or money order made out to
Each school will receive 5 free Circus High Soundtrack CD’s & a free Circus High Film DVD as a give away. Chico Johnson’s Album ‘Piece Of Me’ will also be available for a discounted price of $10; or online at any of the major streaming platforms.
Teachers notes available
Printable PDF’s on the topics covered in the performance as a preparation exercise prior to
or debrief exercise after the performance will be sent out via email once booking has been confirmed.
If you have any further inquiries please do not hesitate to call Danielle McAlpine Johnson on 0432 337 753 or leave us a message on the CONNECT page and we will contact you within 24 business hours.